Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pigs in a Blanket

Do you like hot dogs?
I find that most people either love them or hate them, there is really no in between.  
I don't mind them, as long as they are good hot dogs (you know that actually cost more than .97 cents).  This is one of the only ways I will eat them and they are actually a family favorite.  My kids love them and my husband gets so excited every time he comes home and finds these for dinner--silly guy!  
Any kind of dough can be used, I find that this recipe works great, not to mention it is very quick to mix up.


1 recipe French Bread dough
12 hot dogs

* Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Make dough and let rest for first 10 minutes.  Then divide dough in half.  You will only use one half of this dough, unless you are making a lot, so I made one half into French Bread for another meal. 

* Take half of the dough and divide in half again.  Roll out each into a square.  Make it as thick or thin as you want (my husband likes less dough than hot dog on his so we do it thin).  Cut in 1 1/2 inch wide strips with pizza cutter.  Take one strip and starting at the end of one hot dog, start wrapping the dough around and around until you reach the other side.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Repeat until all hot dogs are used.  Bake for 20 minutes or until done.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips