Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baked Sausage Rotini

Do you ever get to dinnertime and have no idea what to make?  I do.  I stand there, open cupoards, open the refrigerator, look through several cookbooks, knowing that I shouldn't and don't want to go to the store, but knowing I need to fix dinner especially because it's like 5 o'clock already and the kids are hungry.  And yet I can't find anything that sounds good, or if it does I don't have the ingredients or it will take too long.  Do you ever do that, or is it just me?  This recipe was one of those nights and it turned out really yummy.  My kids loved it and the best part, it was quick.

13 oz. rotini pasta (or any that you have on hand that resembles this--macaroni, penne, etc.)
1 lb. Italian sausage
1 t. garlic, minced
1 jar spaghettie sauce (abt. 4 cups)
1 c. real parmesan cheese
1 c. monteray jack cheese

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook noodles according to package directions.  While noodles are boiling, cook sausage and garlic in skillet, breaking into small pieces, until done.  Add spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese.  When noodles are finished, drain and place in 9x13 baking dish.  Pour spaghetti mixture over the top, stir, making sure noodles are covered completely.  Sprinkle monteray jack cheese on top and place in oven.  Bake for 30 minutes and serve. 
Blogging tips