Friday, May 7, 2010

Polynesian Porkchops


This was a recipe that came from an idea from my friend Tara. I tweaked it, mostly because I don't ever have luck with porkchops that are cooked on the stove so I either BBQ them or crockpot them.  Does anyone have the secret to porkchops on the stove?  A lot of recipes I keep are ones that my kids love (which is usually anything with meat, they are meat lovers!  I think it's that farm genes I passed on) and this was one the kids had thirds on, so hope you love it too.

6 bone-in pork chops
1 t. garlic, minced
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 can pineapple chunks
1 can cream mushroom soup
4 T. soy sauce
2 T. honey

*  In medium bowl, combine garlic, mushroom soup, soy sauce and honey.  Layer pork chops in crock pot.  Layer onion, pepper and pineapple on top of pork chops.  Pour soup mixture over vegetables and cook on low for 5-6 hours.  Serve with rice.
Blogging tips