Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flavored Cream Cheeses

My kids love bagels and cream cheese for breakfast.  They especially love flavored cream cheese.  Every time I go to the store I look at the price difference between the two and think "okay I will buy the plain".  So I decided to make my own.  Here were two we tried out the other day.  I loved them and feel free to experiment with whatever you have on hand, fruit, spices, herbs, etc.

Orange Cream Cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 T. orange zest

1.  Beat all ingredients until light and fluffy.  Serve.  Store leftovers in the fridge.

Herbed Cream Cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1 t. fresh basil, chopped

1.  Beat all ingredients until light and fluffy.  Serve.  Store leftovers in the fridge.
Blogging tips