Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reuben Sandwich

I have found that this is a sandwich that people either love or hate.  Personally I love it.  But then again I love sauerkraut on most things hot dogs, pork roast.  We don't have this sandwich very often, but sometimes I have this overpowering urge to eat one so out comes the rye bread and yum!

2 slices Rye bread (if you don't like Rye, any bread works)
Dijon mustard, to taste
2 slices Havarti cheese (traditionally most people use swiss, but not my favorite)
3 slices corned beef (I get this from the deli)
Saurkraut
Thousand Island dressing, to taste

* Spread Thousand Island dressing on both pieces of bread.  On one side layer 1 slice of cheese, corned beef, saurkraut, mustard, the other piece of cheese, and then the other piece of bread.  Butter one side of the sandwich and place butter side down in saute pan over medium heat.  Butter the side facing up and flip when cheese is melted and first side is toasted.  Let toast and then cut in half and serve.
Blogging tips