Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ritzy Chicken Nuggets

My kids love chicken nuggets but personally I have a hard time swallowing buying such processed pieces of chicken for so much.  I have tried several recipes and none have been that good.  I decided to give this one a try, mostly because our whole family loves Ritz crackers.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  My kids thought they were pretty good but my husband and I loved them.  The mayo keeps the chicken very moist and the crackers add a nice crunchy touch.

4-5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. mayo
3 T. milk
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. Mrs. Dash
Dash of black pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  Put in colander and wash thoroughly with cold water.  Dump on paper towels and pat dry with more paper towels.

2.  In small bowl combine mayo, milk, garlic salt, onion powder, Mrs Dash and black pepper stirring till completely combined.  In another bowl place crushed crackers.  Coat chicken in mayo and then crackers and place on large, greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we tried orange sauce, fry sauce and honey mustard).
Blogging tips