Monday, December 13, 2010

Cranberry Cinnamon Chip Bars

My life is throwing me a major curve ball right now and I am not liking it very much!!  That sounds like my 3 year old throwing a fit doesn't it, "I DON"T LIKE IT"!  It's true though and when I am upset, stressed out, and discouraged I do one of two things: make food or hide in a room with a book.  It's usually a toss up but today I didn't get to do either of those.  I had to actually function and try really hard not to yell and scream at the lady at the assessor's office (or at my husband--man he puts up with me a lot).
So in honor of trying to feel better I thought I would post this yummy magic bar recipe I came across.  It's a spin on the normal and would be perfect to pass out to your neighbors or share with your co-workers this time of year.  The cinnamon chips give it a wonderful touch--this is the first time I have tried them!

1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 c. shredded coconut
1 c. cinnamon chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. dried cranberries


1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour butter into a 9x13" pan and spread with spatula to cover the entire bottom of pan.  Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and spread into an even layer.  Press down gently with fingertips.  Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over graham cracker crumbs.  Continue with the remaining ingredients: cinnamon chips, white chips, pecans, and cranberries, sprinkling each in an even layer.  Press down gently with fingertips over entire pan. 


2.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and slightly golden on top.  Let cool completely before cutting or it will be a mess trying to cut them up.  Eat and Enjoy!'


Source:  Our Best Bites
Blogging tips