Friday, July 29, 2011

Rice Krispie Popsicles

Water and flushing toilets are amazing things!

Seriously I am in love (don't tell my husband please).

We are back from camping and I have come to realize that one never truly appreciates the small things in life until they are without them.  Who knew that small things like washing your hands with running water after visiting an outhouse would be so appreciated (don't worry we brought sanitizer but after 3 days of not having clean water it only works so well) or not having hot water instantly to wash your dishes.  Or trying to cook for lots of people and trying to keep everything clean and sanitary but there is dirt everywhere--ugh!

Not to mention water to take a shower.

I have never wanted anything more in my life--well maybe except to not to be pregnant anymore when I was nine months and almost overdue with my 2nd child (Jenny I hope you aren't pregnant anymore and that sweet little girl has decided to come out), but that's a different story.

I am not kidding you, I practically ran (okay I did) in my house, stripped everything off, turned that water on full blast and I soaked for a good 20 minutes.  Just letting that nastiness float down the drain.  It felt so good and now every time I wash my hands or wipe the counters off or take a shower, I just think wow--water is a beautiful thing!

Another beautiful thing at our house is rice krispie treats.  They disappear very quickly, which may or may not be my fault.  I decided to make them a little fancier for a party and they were a huge hit with the kids.

Rice Krispie Popsicles


4 Tbsp butter (the real stuff)
4 c. miniature marshmallows (or about 40 large ones)
6 c. Rice Krispies
18   wooden ice cream sticks
1 1/2 c. white chocolate morsels (you can also use chocolate)
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Multi-colored sprinkles

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.

2. Using buttered spatula, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 inch pan greased with butter. Cool. Cut into eighteen 3 x 2-inch bars( I cut out the shape from cardboard and used that as a measuring tool to get even sized treats that looked like a popsicle). Push one stick into the bottom of each bar.

3. In small microwave-safe bowl combine white chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip bars into chocolate and decorate as you like. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Best if served the same day.  Enjoy!


Blogging tips