Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mini Chocolate Cupcakes

Aren't those just the cutest things ever?

My son didn't appreciate the pink but my girls and I loved it!

There is just something about pink that I love, at least now anyway.

Growing up I was the oldest girl with an older brother and 2 brothers right underneath me (lets just say when my sister came along 6 years later I was one happy little girl).  I was not what someone would call a girly-girl.  I loved to play in the mud and could make one mean mud pie.  I also loved to get dirty, be outside, not really have anything to do with shopping, make-up, or shaving--I know gross.  Thank heavens I have since changed my ways!

But back then I didn't like girl things at all.  Especially pink.  I hated anything pink and would not wear clothes that were pink (sorry mom :). 

Now I find myself being a lover of pink.  Just ask my kids.  They know what my favorite color is pink.  I think I am just making up for all those years of hateful thoughts about the color pink.

So of course when I was trying to decide what color of liner for my cupcakes (that will be on Friday) and what color of frosting for these little beauties so they would match the liner I of course chose...pink.  But you can do whatever I promise, it won't make one difference in the yumminess of these mini cupcakes.

The beauty of this is that you start with this deliciousness.
See I told you easy.  You frost with your favorite frosting and booyah! an amazing mini cupcake that you can eat immediately or share with you kids when they get home from school (they will never know that you ate them all).
Here is my favorite frosting recipe but any kind would work: cream cheese, marshmallow creme, buttercream.  These babies are just amazing!

Mini Chocolate Cupcakes


Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
2 Tbsp. cream (or milk)
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 c. powdered sugar
Food coloring (optional)

1.  In a medium bowl cream your butter until smooth, about 2 minutes.  Add cream, vanilla, food coloring and powdered sugar.  Mix until smooth.  If needed add more powdered sugar or cream until it reaches your desired consistency.  Frost cupcakes and enjoy! 






Blogging tips