Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsa

 I love when school starts.  My kids are usually quite excited to go back and I am excited to be back into a schedule and a routine.  It also means that fall is coming, my favorite season.  

But there are certainly some disadvantages.  One of the things I dread is the dropping off and picking up.

The past couple of years I have been carpooling with another mom but now that doesn't work so I feel like we are at the school constantly just waiting and waiting and waiting.

It doesn't help that I have to drop the older three off at 8 and then my youngest at preschool at 12:30 then it's pick up the older three at 2:45 and then the youngest at 3:45.  Arghhh...lines!

I would feel a lot better if people had line etiquette.  I have such a hard time not yelling at those certain individuals that think that their time is more important than yours and zoom ahead of you in the lane that the school has told us repeatedly not to use for dropping off or picking up.  They usually then hold everyone up because they are not following procedure.  So frustrating.

Then there is the feelings of being in a line in general.  I always feel like I am going to be holding someone up so I prepped my kids everyone morning on the way there with things like "get everything in your hands", "be ready to jump out quick", or "don't forget your lunch".

Then when we pull up it's "go, go, go".  I don't know why lines make me feel this way, it's stressful and I should probably chill out but so far everyday is the same way.  Maybe by the time school is half way through the "line etiquette breakers" will stop being so pushy and I will stop stressing out.  Well at least we can hope anyway.

On to this pork tenderloin.  There is nothing stressful about this.  It is very easy and quick to put together and the peach salsa is amazing.  It adds a wonderful flavor to the pork and is perfect for any peaches you have hanging around.

Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsa


Salsa:
2 peaches, pitted and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
¼ cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
Small handful cilantro, minced
Juice of ½ a lime
Pinch of coarse salt
Pork:
1½ lb. pork tenderloin
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil

1.  To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well to combine.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

2.  To make the pork, preheat the oven to 375˚ F.  Season the pork with salt and pepper.  Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Sear the pork in the skillet, rotating, until evenly browned on all sides.  Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the internal temperature registers 160˚ F on an instant read thermometer.  (Alternatively, heat a grill to medium-high.  Oil the grates.  Add the pork to the grill and cook, turning so the sides are evenly browned, until the internal temperature registers 160˚ F on an instant read thermometer.)  Remove from the oven, tent with foil, and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.

3.  Serve the warm slices of pork topped with the peach salsa. Use additional salsa with chips or on rice. Enjoy!

Source:  Annie's Eats
Blogging tips