Monday, October 24, 2011

Candy Corn Parfaits

I know, I know Halloween is next week and I haven't posted anything Halloweenie.

I just haven't felt in the mood for any of it.  I would so much rather be making anything pumpkin.  

Oh the things to make with pumpkin.  I dream at night of things to make with that delicious stuff.  I love it.  My house constantly smells like pumpkin and cinnamon--heavenly!

And the pies.  

I am so excited to get to November so I can share all the amazing pies I have been trying.

I even have one cooling right now.  I can't wait to eat it.

Anyways....

Back to Halloween.  I made these for my kids and their friends and they absolutely loved them.  They are so easy and cute and very fun!

Candy Corn Parfaits

(click here for printable version)

1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1 large box of French vanilla pudding 
Cocoa Puffs
Whipped cream
Candy corn
Orange gel color
Halloween sprinkles
Clear cups

1.  Get all of the components ready.  Make the chocolate and vanilla pudding.  Divide the vanilla in half.   With the other half, use the orange food coloring to make it orange.

2.  Layer the ingredients however you like in each cup.  This is the order that I layered mine:

Cocoa Puffs
yellow pudding (french vanilla)
whipped cream
candy corn and Cocoa Puffs
chocolate pudding
orange pudding
candy corn and Cocoa Puffs
whipped cream, sprinkles, and a few candy corn for garnish

3.  Chill for about 30 minutes to an hour or until the puddings are set.  Serve and have a happy Halloween!

Source:  Baked Bree

Blogging tips