Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hot Reuben Dip


Pin It
 No matter how many times I make this and take photographs of it (which we are up to 3 now), I think they look terrible.

I'm getting almost obsessive about it.  I try different bowls, different plates, different places in my house to take the pictures, different times of day, different settings on my camera, and guess what!!!!

They all look this bad.  So if this picture makes you not want to try this, I totally get it BUT (and you notice it's a big but...) it actually tasted fabulous.

The hubs keeps telling me to forget about it and just post it since it is his favorite of all time appetizers.  He gets so excited when I am making this because he absolutely and totally loves it and could devour the whole entire dip himself.

So in honor of him and me trying not to be upset about my ugly pictures, here it is!  If you like reuben sandwiches at all, this would be a hit.  And don't worry the sauerkraut is very mild and you hardly notice it is even there.  So here's to an amazing sandwich in lovely dip form.  Mmmm!!  

Hot Reuben Dip

(click here for printable version)


8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups (about 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese (I just buy it and shred it at home)
4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
½ cup Thousand Island dressing
½ cup drained sauerkraut

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.  In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing, corned beef, and drained sauerkraut. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.

2. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve hot with pretzel crisps or cocktail-size rye bread squares.  Enjoy!

Source: Brown Eyed Baker
Blogging tips