Monday, March 26, 2012

Melted Crayons

I decided since it's Spring Break at our house that I would post some fun "recipes" to do with your kiddos.

I actually look forward to some time off school.  Mostly because my 6th grader has lots of homework so it's nice to have a break from it.

Plus we have been having the most fabulous weather here so we spend most of our time outside but have found a few projects to do inside.

On of our favorite things to do (at least me and my girls) is color.  Sometimes I just love to sit down and color.  Any other adults still like to color!!??!!

I noticed the last time we colored we had gobs of broken crayons which I can't stand because they are so hard to color with.  So we decided to melt them down and have some new colors to color with.

My kids thought this part was fun but I thought it was the least favorite part.  You need to unwrap all the crayons.  

We then sorted them by color because that's how my girls wanted them to be, but it really doesn't matter.
Next we lined a mini muffin pan with liners.  You can also use fun shaped silicone pans (IKEA has quite the selection) but you will need to throw them away when you are done, but I know the kids would probably love them more than round, but hey we had these on hand.  
Fill them 3/4 full with whatever color combination you want and stick them in a 250°F oven until completely melted.  Remove from oven, let cool completely before popping them out, removing the papers and coloring your favorite picture!
Blogging tips