I love all sorts of Chex mixes. I love that they are sweet but crunchy or salty but crunchy or a little spicy but crunchy.
So when I saw this deliciousness I knew it had to go on my list, especially with that title.
The funny thing is that my kids asked me what it was called and so to them it's "Better Than Anything Chex Mix". I just wasn't ready to have that discussion with them at the party we took this to.
Anyway...this chex mix is some of the best that I have had. It ALMOSTS beats out muddy buddies, almost! But how could you go wrong with reese's peanut butter cups, chocolate, white chocolate, marshmallows (don't be tempted to leave those out--I am not a fan of marshmallows and they were awesome in this), caramel, and more caramel. This was amazing, but just make sure you have some place to take it because you just might eat the whole bowl!
Better Than Sex Chex Mix
(click here for printable version)
8 cups Rice Chex cereal (you can also use the chocolate variety)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
3 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup MINI Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup caramel bits (if you can't find those 12 regular caramels work too)
1 tbsp heavy cream
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp coarse sea salt.
1. Pour measured cereal into a large microwaveable bowl. Set aside.
2. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil and set aside.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Place bowl in microwave and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread on lined cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes and then break into bite-sized pieces.
3. After the Chex mixture is cool to the touch, evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and mini marshmallows over the Chex mixture.
4. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on high for 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over Chex mixture. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips and again with the white baking chips. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all the chex mixture while candy drizzles are still wet. Don't skip the salt it's totally worth it!
5. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container. Enjoy!