Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baked Spaghetti

 It's finally here.  I never pictured this day.  It seemed so far in the future that I never gave it much thought or energy (except when people tried to bring it up and I would totally ignore them--not really but I wanted to because I didn't want to face this day yet!).

You see, as I sit here my house is perfectly quiet.  No one is around.  No kids playing, music going, movies on.  No one asking for me for help with anything or needing to talk to me.

All my kids are in school as of today.  And honestly I don't know how I feel about it.

It is such a mixed bag of emotions for me.  My youngest has been my little buddy for so long that it seems weird to not have him around.  Even though I do admit I can get quite a bit done now, but still.  What a new stage in life and it came so quickly.

So in honor of having no one home and me trying not to cry or laugh with all the quietness around me, I re-did a recipe that was sorely in need of a new picture.  This is a favorite around this place, especially with the hubs, and I love how it dresses up a normal everyday spaghetti.

Baked Spaghetti

(click here for printable version)


12 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
1 jar spaghetti sauce ( I make my own so use your own judgment, not too dry but not too saucy)
1 cup your favorite shredded cheese (we used fresh parmesan, cheddar is also good)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F.  In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cream cheese and sour cream.  Whisk until smooth.  Spread on the bottom of 9 x 13 pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti noodles and sauce and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes before eating.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips