I have a neighbor that is just wonderful.
Isn't it great to have awesome neighbors (growing up we had no one within several miles of us so neighbors was a new concept when I moved to the city).
Anyway...we are always borrowing things from each other if we run out of something, watching each other's kids if someone needs to run somewhere really fast, canning, and inviting each other over for dinner. My kids love her house because she has a trampoline and an electric piano. Pretty cool--we just have one of those boring ones that don't plug in.
Last month was her birthday so we invited them over for dinner. I have been dieing to try this lasagna because I LOVE white sauces, especially white sauces with lots of cream cheese and no flour. Wow.
Wow, Wow. Wow.
We were in lasagna heaven. It is was absolutely amazing. So much so that I am going to make it again because writing this is making me drool just thinking about it. All of us couldn't get enough and it was all gone before I could save any for leftovers. Amazing.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Lasagna
(click here for printable version)
3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
3/4 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (optional but totally worth it)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional but delicious)
2 pkg. (8oz.) low-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup milk
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, unprepared
12 lasagna noodles, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. When done, lay out individually so they don't stick together.
3. In a large bowl combine chicken, bacon, 1 c. mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes (if using).
4. In separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, milk and dry ranch envelope. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the chicken mixture and stir until coated. Pour the other half of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of your prepared pan.
5. Begin layering: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese.
Repeat 2 more times. You should have 3 layers total. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Source: Favorite Family Recipes