Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Moment of Silence

I just wanted to share what I have been thinking of the past few days as the Sandy Hook tragedy has unfolded and the country has grieved for these precious lives that were taken away.

Sometimes it makes me want to crawl in a hole, and cry.  I have never had to face a tragedy of this magnitude but it doesn't stop my heart hurting for these families. 

But what I take comfort in, and what has ran through my mind is a Christmas song/poem. As I listen to the words I know God will heal those broken hearts.  It goes like this:

"...And in despair I bowed my head: 'There is no peace on earth,' I said, 'For hate is strong and mocks the song of Peace on earth, good will to men.

"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; The wrong shall fail, the right pre-vail, with peace on earth, good will to men.'

This song makes my heart take courage. And to all those families, know that we are praying for you. You are in our thoughts all day long.
Blogging tips