Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Banana Protein Smoothie

Sometimes we have crazy days.

Especially in the mornings.  Like Tuesdays.

I volunteer at the kid's school in the mornings at 8:30.  So as soon as they are off to school it's a mad dash to clean up breakfast, shower, and get out the door (and of course it would be easier if I got up earlier in the morning so I wouldn't be in a hurry but there is just something about staying up late to watch 4 episodes of "Once Upon A Time"--just discovered it on netflix, awesome!!--that makes me not want to get up in the mornings, hmmm....)

Which means that I need a quick breakfast.  And a filling breakfast.

That's been one of the hardest parts of going gluten free is breakfast.  Pretty much everything has gluten in it that's fast.  And I can only handle eating so many eggs in the morning.  I usually vary between yogurt and granola to cereal.

But now I have something else in my repertoire and it's delicious.  Especially if you are one of those protein smoothie people.  This is a nice change and I loved it.  

Banana Protein Smoothie


2 whole bananas (best with brown flecks on peel)
2 cups ice
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
1/3 cup almonds

1. Pour all ingredients in blender except the ice. Pulse several times, then add ice and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smoothie thickens.  Pour in glasses and enjoy!

Blogging tips