Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lean Cuisine Review

 The hubs and I love to go out on dates.  We usually end up going at least once a week.  We try to keep it simple but we usually end up going out to dinner or grocery shopping (which he totally hates) or getting a treat to share.

One of his favorite things to do is go to the grocery store and buy something that we can bring home and make together.  I always try to talk him out of this for several reasons:
1. The point of going out is so I don't have to make dinner.
2. I don't have to clean up dinner.
3. I don't have to help anyone at all.

And I usually get my way (sorry hubby!!). So out we go to dinner.  

Now let me tell you.  We are pretty picky when it comes to food.  I think it's because I have a food blog.  Just last week my dad told me I need to stop being so picky about my food.  I know dad it's true.

It's not about what I eat (I like quite a few things) it's how good they taste.  If it doesn't taste good, I can't stand to bring myself to eat it.  The hubs is the same way now.  We like GOOD tasting food.


That's why I was very intrigued to try Lean Cuisine's new "Chef's Pick" line.  I thought this would be a perfect thing to do for date night (and the hubs would be happy that I gave in to what he wanted to do :).

We picked our perferred dinner (I chose Chili Lime Chicken and he picked Steak Tips Portobello) and off we were to cook it at home.  Which, by the way, I was great with since:
1. I didn't have to make it.
2. I didn't have to clean it up (unless you call cleaning up, throwing it in the trash when I was finished).
Perfect!
Boy were we impressed!

I don't say that lightly.  Like I said, we are quite picky about how well our food tastes.

The meat was tender and juicy, the sauces were very flavorful (there is nothing worse than blandness), the rice and vegetables were perfectly paired with the meat and sauce.  We really enjoyed our food and it will definitely be something we will try again.

I have partnered with Lean Cuisine through DailyBuzz Food to help promote their new line of Chef's Pick products. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with this product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Thank you Lean Cuisine!
Blogging tips