How was your Easter? Ours was fabulous. We hung out with some family, ate some delicious food, and pondered on what a beautiful, special day it was.
This little beauty was consumed while we hung out. Not for breakfast though. Sometimes muffins are so sweet that I think they need to be served for treats so that's what these babies were.
Everyone enjoyed them immensely, especially my kiddos. I think it's because of the raspberry jam.
Anytime I pull the raspberry jam out of the freezer they almost go nuts. I don't know what it is about it but raspberry is their very favorite. It's the hubs least favorite (he hates the seeds that get stuck in your teeth) so the kids have this jam pretty much to themselves.
And that makes these muffins even easier. It's just raspberry jam swirled on top. Easy peasy. And absolutely scrumptious (and because cream cheese always makes things taste better).
Raspberry Cream Cheese Buns
(click here for printable version)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1 tbsp butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add dry ingredients to cream cheese mixture in 2 parts, alternating with milk and vanilla, and only stirring until no dry streaks remain. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full. Drop a teaspoon of raspberry preserves on top of each bun and using the tip of a knife to swirl it into the batter.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean. Cool for 30 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Drizzle with glaze if wanted and enjoy!
5. To make the glaze whisk butter, powdered sugar, and milk in small bowl until smooth and adjusting milk and powdered sugar till your desired consistency is reached.