Thursday, April 29, 2010

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

This recipe is the most fattening, yummy potato recipe that I have tried.  It was a hit.  I loved that you could make it the day before, since I had so many things to cook on Easter it was perfect.  To all of you that have 2 ovens, I guess you don't have worry about this part (I'm really jealous).  I got this recipe from my mom who I think got it from Pioneer Woman.  

5 lbs. yukon gold potatoes
3/4 c. butter
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. half-n-half
1 t. seasoning salt
1 t. black pepper

*  Bring a large pot of water to boil.  Peel and cut potatoes into equal sizes and add to water.  Cook until potatoes are soft, which is when a fork slides easily into them without any resistance and they are almost falling apart.

*  Drain potatoes in large colander.  Place them back in the pot on very low heat and mash, allowing all the steam to escape.  Turn off stove and add butter, cream cheese and half-n-half.  Mash, mash, mash.  Add seasoning salt and pepper and stir well.  

*  Place in 9x13 pan and add a few pats of butter to the top.  Place in 350 degree oven until butter is melted and potatoes are warmed through.  Serve.

* If making the day before, after you put in the 9x13, cover and put in fridge.  45 minutes before serving remove from fridge, add butter pats and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until completely warmed through.
Blogging tips