Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sinful Cookie Bars

These are so sinful, it's ridiculous!  I couldn't believe it when I saw the recipe, but I knew I had to try it, how could you not when it has 5 different kinds of toppings.  I knew also that I couldn't keep it around so after one little square I packed them off to my husband's work for them to enjoy.  They were a huge hit and everybody loved them.  I found the recipe here.
On another note, Happy Back to School Day (atleast for us).  Three of my kids returned to school today and I don't know quite what I'm going to do with myself, only 1 at home.  I guess I'll have to cook more!

1/2 c. butter, softened
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. kosher salt
1 1/2 c. packed dark-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. miniature marshmallows
1 c. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 c. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 c. butterscotch chips (I used peanut butter chips because I like that more)
1 c. caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips, or you could cut up caramels but - too much work)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper so it overhangs. Spray parchment with cooking spray.

2.  Mix butter and brown sugar together and then mix in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, wisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and add half of the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, marshmallows, white chocolate chips and caramel bits. Spread in pan and top with remaining half of the chocolates, caramel and marshmallows.

3.  Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Lift out of pan and cut into bars or triangles.
Blogging tips