Sunday, September 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


I am a sucker for peanut butter cookies!
I really am not a fan of chocolate chip cookies, I know, I know, I am weird.  I will take a peanut butter cookie over any other kind of cookie.  I also love oatmeal in cookies so when I came across this recipe here I knew I needed to give it a try.  It was wonderful, especially because I added peanut butter chips.  Yum!

1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. rolled oats (quick-cooking)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. peanut butter (crunchy or regular)
1 c. peanut butter chips (optional, but so yummy)
Peanut Butter Glaze:
1/4 c. smooth peanut butter
1 T. milk

1.Preheat oven to 350F.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth, then beat in the peanut butter. Blend in the flour mixture until the dough comes together and no streaks of flour remain.  Stir in peanut butter chips.

2.  Drop dough in 1-inch balls on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until cookies are golden brown around the edges.  Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.

3.  For the glaze, whisk together peanut butter and milk in small bowl. Scrape into a plastic bag and snip the corner off of the bag, then pipe a swirl of glaze onto each cookie. Allow the glaze to set up before storing.
Blogging tips