Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

  One thing we saw a lot of in South Carolina was sweet potato wedges (fries).  We don't eat sweet potatoes much at our house but as much as we love fries I thought this was a good one to start with.  I, of course, went with Paula Deen one of my favorites southern gals.  I was very pleasantly surprised by these.  They were yummy and my kids even had seconds.  Amazing!

1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons butter 
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into wedges (we used fries--my kids eat these better but we reduced the amount of cooking time)
2 teaspoons salt 
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper


1.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.  Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cinnamon. Add the potato wedges to the butter and toss to combine. Season the potatoes with the salt and pepper.

2.  Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to a serving dish and serve warm.  Let me know what you think.
Blogging tips