Sunday, September 19, 2010

Charleston Food

I have returned from Charleston, SC where I got to eat some amazing food.  I tried many different things and almost all seafood, yummy!  I wanted to share what we ate: (I got to go with my mom and one of my sisters)
Crab Stuffed Lobster from Coast
Braised Grouper with Truffle Stoneground Grits from Coast
Crab Cake with Sweet Potato Fries from Coast
Fried Green Tomatoes from Jestine's Kitchen
Fried Chicken with Okra Gumbo from Jestine's Kitchen
Pecan Crusted Flounder from Hanks
Seared Sea Scallops from Hanks
She Crap Soup from Hanks.  This was also one of my favorites, it was delightful!
Shrimp over Stoneground Grits with a Tomato Au Jus sauce from Hanks.
Blackened Salmon served over chilled bow tie pasta salad with lobster, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula and goat cheese from Magnolias.
Parmesan crusted flounder served over Carolina rice and creek shrimp pirloo with corm, tomato and asparagus salad with a lemon beurre blanc from Magnolias.
Sauteed shrimp, scallops and lobster over grits with a lobster butter sauce from Magnolias.
We had a fabulous time and I am going to try and make some of these so you can try it too and if you are ever in Charleston try these dishes, they are so worth it!
Blogging tips