Friday, September 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Popcorn


Popcorn was a staple in my house growing up.  We had it usually every Sunday night and my Mom would cook in a pan on the stove, the old-fanshioned way (at least that's what my kids say) and it brings back fond memories.  We usually only had butter and salt on it but every now and then my Mom would make this and I love it.  But then again, I love almost anything with peanut butter.

8 c. popped popcorn
1c. karo syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter

1.  In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, cook syrup and sugar together until they come to a boil and sugar is dissolved.  Not more than 3-4 minutes of boiling.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter.  Stir until smooth.  Pour over popped popcorn and stir until coated.  Serve while warm and enjoy.
Blogging tips