Friday, January 21, 2011

Applesauce Muffins

You know us and breakfast--if you don't you're missing out-- and this is a staple at our house in the breakfast department.

I'm serious!  If you don't believe me you should see this page in my cookbook.  I can hardly read the ingredient list anymore.  Okay maybe I make a little bit of a mess I am perfectly clean when I'm cooking and never flip anything out of the bowl!!

I remember having these muffins when I was a little kid.  I loved the smell of the applesauce and cinnamon cooking and I always knew we were going to have a great breakfast.  Now I make them for my children and they love them too.  

Note: If you make the whole batch, it makes quite a lot, they are great frozen and reheated.  It makes for a super quick breakfast in the morning with a little fruit or yogurt.

2/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter
1 egg
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. milk
2 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cloves
1 c. applesauce

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a muffin pan with liners, set aside.  In a medium bowl, cream sugar and butter.  Add egg and mix well.  Add honey, milk, and all dry ingredients and mix until well blended.  Stir in applesauce, just until blended.  Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let sit a few minutes before serving.  Enjoy!


Sharing this with: Katie's Cucina, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Paisley Passions, Be Different Act Normal, Quit Eating Out, Sweet as Sugar Cookies.
Blogging tips