Monday, February 28, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

We're back!

Hopefully sometime soon I will feel in control of my life and share some pictures but for right now, hope you enjoy these mounds of goodness.

They are my new favorite cookie.  They beat everything else I have ever tried.  I'm serious you will be heaven!

I divided the cookie dough in half and made an "adult" version with cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips, coconut, craisins, and chopped almonds.  Oh it just makes my mouth water thinking of them!

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. oatmeal, blended in the blender
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz chocolate bar, grated (I used Bakers milk chocolate bar)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix in all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips and chocolate bar.  Mix well.  Add chocolate (or other ingredients like nuts, craisins, etc.) and mix well again.

2.  Drop by tablespoon (or a medium scoop) on an ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.  Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.  Remove from oven, let sit a few minutes on pan and then let cool completely on cooling rack (or devour--totally up to you)! Enjoy.

Blogging tips