Friday, June 10, 2011

Cowboy Caviar

Check out my recipe at Envy My Cooking!
 Are you planning your Father's Day menu yet?

I have been planning mine for months now, that's what happens when your whole life is surrounded by food.

My hubby L.O.V.E.S. to BBQ.

Which I love too because then he does the cooking, at least the meat on the grill part.  

Because we eat a lot of BBQ in the summer I am always looking for new side dishes.  Something to spice up the normal hamburger, hot dog, chicken, fish combo that is pretty standard summer fare at our house.
 So in honor of Father's Day and BBQ season I am going to be sharing some of our favorite side dishes.

There are so many ways to make this lovely little dish, but this way is our favorite.  It is very quick and easy to whip up. Plus you can make it as spicy or mild as you like.

Cowboy Caviar

(click here for printable version)

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
2/3 c. corn (we use the frozen variety, thawed but canned works fine too)
1/2 red onion, diced finely
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 T. lime juice
Jalapeno pepper, diced finely (optional)
Salt, to taste

1.  Put everything but the salt in a bowl and mix.  Add salt to taste.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.  Enjoy!


Blogging tips