Monday, June 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Sauce

 Ahhhh....tis the season for ice cream, at least for normal people.

We aren't normal, or should I say, my husband isn't.  He subscribes to the "Internal-External Temperature Differential and Equalization Theory" now called "Coheeni's First Law of Ice-Cream-Eating Dynamics".  Have you ever heard of it?

I hadn't until I met him and he said it's a true theory.  Just ask Ben and Jerry.

The theory goes something like this:  "By lowering the internal temperature (through eating cold things in the winter), the internal temperature drops and the body feels comparative warmth."  Or in other words, you should be eating cold things (ie: ice cream) more in the winter because then it won't feel so cold outside because your body is cold on the inside.

I don't believe in that theory too much, maybe that's because I am always on the verge of being cold in the winter so why make myself colder.   But never the less we always have ice cream at our house, rain, snow, or shine.

It's a cardinal sin in my husband's family to run out of ice cream.  Which is so funny to me because ice cream is not one of those desserts that tempt me.

Put chocolate in my house and that won't stay around for 24 hours but ice cream, it will get freezer burnt before I eat it by itself.

Now if you pair it with a brownie, hot fudge sauce, this peanut butter sauce, or all three (I would never do that!) then I don't mind it at all.  In fact ice cream is quite good then.

So if you are like me and need something on your ice cream then this is perfect.  The peanut butter sauce is very yummy and a crowd pleaser.


Peanut Butter Sauce


1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
3 T. butter 
1/8 t. salt
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
Salted peanuts, optional

1.  Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add peanut butter and stir till smooth. Stir in evaporated milk. Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Cover and store leftovers in refrigerator.  This makes about 2 cups so you might want to half the recipe (I mean you don't have to I'm just saying that you might eat it straight out of the pan all later).



Blogging tips