Friday, July 22, 2011

Mango Peach & Strawberry Banana Yogurt Popsicles

I'm off on vacation for a week (if you can call it that, I'm cooking for 25 girls/women at girls camp and then off to a family reunion) so keep checking back.  There will still be new recipes but I won't be available for anything else!  :)
We have found a new love at our house.  

And no it's not an animal (my husband keeps hoping he will come home from work one day and a dog will be at our house--silly guy, not going to happen!).  It's popsicles.  
I remember as a kid making many things in popsicles molds.  It was so fascinating to me stick all sorts of combinations in there and have it come out frozen.

I remember trying koolaid (lemonade is the best!), pudding (chocolate, mmm...), and fruit (those didn't turn out so well maybe because I probably just stuck them in there with nothing else).  Oh the joys of cooking as a kid.

Then, I realized the other day that I didn't even own popsicles molds.  How crazy is that!  My kids have never had the joy of making their own popsicles.  So off to Target we went.  
I let them choose our combinations and they came up with two: mango peach and strawberry banana.  We had a blast making them and the kids were so excited to finally try them, you know after asking 25 times if they were ready yet.  I guess that's the joy of being a kid, time is so slow sometimes!

Our creations turned out awesome.  We all loved both flavors and they were perfect on a hot summer afternoon.  Mmmm....delicious!

Mango Peach and Strawberry Banana Yogurt Popsicles


Mango Peach:
2 ripe mangos, chopped
2 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. milk

Strawberry Banana
3 med. bananas, very ripe
2 c. strawberries, hulled
3 tbsp. honey
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. milk

1.  Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (one version at a time).

2.  Pour the blended mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze until solid, preferably overnight.

3.  To unmold, run hot water around the outside of the molds for a brief time until you can easily pull the popsicles out.  

4.  Repeat for other flavor.  Enjoy!

Source: adapted from Desserts for Breakfast


Blogging tips