Monday, July 25, 2011

Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie n' Brownie Bar

You probably can't tell but I have this thing problem with chocolate and peanut butter.
Okay maybe you can tell.

When I found this on Pinterest I am immediately called my son in and asked if I could make it for him for his birthday.  He loves chocolate ALMOST as much as I do and he was very happy to oblige my wishes.

What a great son!

But since I have this thing with chocolate and peanut butter we altered the recipe and found this divine creation.

 O.H. M.Y. W.O.R.D.

Divine.

It probably doesn't help that we covered it in ice cream and hot fudge.  That was his request also and we had one happy boy on his birthday.

I mean how could you not be happy with a layer of peanut butter cookie dough, a layer of peanut butter oreos, and then a layer of brownies.  It makes me happy just thinking about it.  So go ahead and make yourself some happiness.


Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie n' Brownie Bar


3/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 c. peanut butter chips 

1 pkg Peanut Butter Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine peanut butter, shortening, milk, sugar and vanilla in large bowl, until well blended and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.  Add egg and beat until just blended.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.  Add peanut butter chips and stir until mixed evenly.  Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with wax paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Top with a layer of Oreos. Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix, which I totally recommend. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.

2.  To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, just half the peanut butter cookie dough ingredients. Enjoy!

Source:  Adapted from Kevin and Amanda
Blogging tips