Friday, September 9, 2011

Waffles of Insane Greatness

 There is something about going back to school that makes me want to make yummy, hearty breakfasts.

I think it's the weather.  It starts to cool off and the mornings are cold so a warm breakfast sounds delightful.  I love the fall.  Leaves turning, breaking out the soup recipes, and crisp afternoons.  I'm excited just thinking about it.

Or maybe it's just that I'm weird!  My friends say it's the latter--they think I'm crazy for making a hot breakfast almost every morning.  But that's okay, I like to be weird sometimes :).

But let me tell you, there is nothing weird about this recipe.  Just plain deliciousness.  This was one of those recipes that has been hanging around in my bookmark folder forever.  I kept meaning to make it but just never quite found the right moment.

I finally decided to try it out for a yummy first day of school breakfast and the kids were in love.  I was too.  They are probably my favorite waffle recipe now.  I love how crisp they are plus their flavor was fantastic, especially with some homemade apricot syrup.  Mmmm, so good.

Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com  

Waffles of Insane Greatness


3 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. oil
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt

1.  Whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, soda, and salt. Whisk into wet ingredients till blended. Let sit for 30 minutes. Cook in a hot waffle iron and serve with your favorite syrup or ice cream if your really crazy.  Easy, peasy.  Enjoy!


Source:  Creations by Kara
Blogging tips