Friday, January 6, 2012

Ginger Drops

Are you one of those goal setters?  Or how about those people that choose a word for the year and focus on that?  Or maybe just nothing at all?

This time comes around and I am always in a quandary.  I can't decide whether to commit my goals to paper (because you know there is always a risk that I am not going to achieve any of them) or just focus on one thing in my life and work on that.  

Last year I tried the committing the goals to paper thing and as I was looking over them, I realized I achieved half of them.  YEAH!!!  for me, that's a new record.  I also firmly believe that when you write something down it makes work at it better so maybe I will just do both this year. 

Two of them that I made were about this food blog.  And thanks to all of you out there, I met my goal.  Want to know what they were:
1.  Make it to 500 followers (last January started with 138) and
2.  Reach 10,000 unique hits a month (last December I averaged 4,700)

So here's to whatever goals, words, resolutions you set.  May you achieve them and have a wonderful year (and some delicious cookies to eat while you ponder your life).


Ginger Drops


3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips

* This recipe does need to chill in the fridge so be sure to factor that time in.

1.  In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
Cream together butter and brown sugar, until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.  Add the molasses, egg, and vanilla and mix until the batter just comes together, being careful to not overmix.

2.  Wrap the dough in plastic and chill 4 hours or overnight.

3.  Preheat the oven to 350°F . Line two cookie sheets with parchment and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Using 1 Tbsp. scoop, portion dough and roll into balls. Coat the dough balls in sugar.
Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.

4.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Take the cookies out of the oven and immediately place a few white chocolate chips in the center.  Cool completely on wire racks and enjoy!

Source: Baked Bree



Blogging tips