Monday, April 9, 2012

Pull-Aparts

 I decided after looking through my archives that I really, Really, REALLY need to update some of those first recipes I posted.

Heck some of them don't even have pictures and lets face it, some that do, the pictures are horrible and look very unappetizing!

So I decided every once in a while I will re-post some of those oldies, but goodies, and update the pictures and the recipes.

These beauties are something that I grew up with.  Sometimes my mom would have these hot and waiting for us when we would come in off the bus.  I loved how they made the house smell and they were some of my favorites things to eat after school.

Nothing gets much better than some ooey, gooey, cinnamony, buttery rolls.  These are still a favorite at our house and I love carrying on the traditions of my mom.

Pull-Aparts


(click here for printable version)


Dough:
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp yeast
1 egg, beaten
4-5 cups flour


Topping:
1 cube butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 T. cinnamon

1.  Heat milk, butter, salt, water and sugar in saucepan on stove, over medium heat,  until warm and sugar is dissolved.  (Very important that it is not too hot because you will kill your yeast and cook the eggs)  Pour mixture into your stand mixing bowl that has a dough hook attachment.  Add yeast and eggs and let stand until frothy.  Add 2 cups of flour and mix until incorporated.  Scrapes down sides and start adding flour 1/2 cup at a time to make a soft dough (in my Bosch mixer that is when the doughs stops sticking to the sides).  Let knead in your mixer for 1 minute.  Place in a large greased bowl and let rise until double in size.

2.  While dough is raising, preheat oven to 375°F and grease a bundt pan.  Once dough has doubled, punch down.  Put melted butter in one bowl and combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.  Pinch off small balls of dough (mine are about 2 inches across) and dip each one in butter, then coat in cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Layer in bundt pan, distributing evenly.  Do this until all the dough is gone.

3.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes in bundt pan, then invert on plate and let cool.  These are delicious to eat while warm.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips