Monday, June 11, 2012

Decadent Homemade Brownies

I am a box kind of girl when it comes to brownies.  I have only found one other recipe that beats a box and it's so involved that I only make it for special occasions. 

Box brownies have lived up to my expectations in every way.  Especially because I can let my kids mix them up in 5 minutes flat and then you bake and perfect!  Moist, chocolaty, and amazing with hot fudge and ice cream.  So yummy!!

Well my friends I have found another homemade recipe that is quick (not quite as quick as a box but still quite fast), super chocolaty, moist, and absolutely delicious.

The only problem is that you better have some place to take these or you might find that they have "accidentally" disappeared on you. Oops.

By the way, thanks to my Mom who gave me this recipe.  She's had it for ages and I just barely found about it (which is probably a good thing or my hips would be 5 inches wider)!

Decadent Homemade Brownies

(click here for printable version)

1 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F .  Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.

2.  In large bowl combine butter and sugar.  Stir with wooden spoon until blended.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.

3.  In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.  Stir into butter/sugar mixture, being careful not to overmix.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into your prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove and let cool completely.  Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top or your favorite chocolate frosting.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips