Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grilled Avocados

Middle of August--wow!

Anyone else out there can't believe that it's school time already?  My kids start in a couple weeks so we have been busy trying to fit in all our last minute summer plans.  

Some of my plans include trying all the new summer recipes I have pinned.  I have a hard time choosing what to make because one of my very favorite things about summer is grilling.  

Everything seems to taste better on the grill!

These grilled avocados were a favorite.  Absolutely delicious.  I have been trying to branch out and try new sides for dinner and this one has definitely made the "make again list".  The hubs and I loved the flavor the parmesan cheese gives the avocado.  So yummy.

Grilled Avocados

(click here for printable version)


1 avocado
1 tbsp chipotle sauce, like Tabasco (completely optional--I put some on 1/2 for the hubs)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone. Cut criss-cross patterns with a knife in each half of the avocado, being careful not to cut through the skin (this allows the sauce to penetrate the flesh).

2. Pour the sauce over each half (if using), then top with lime juice and salt and pepper. In the cavity where the stone has been, put ¼ of the cheese on each avocado half. Place under the hot grill for 2 minutes.

3.  Top with remaining cheese and broil for another 2 minutes until completely melted and avocado warmed through.  Serve and enjoy!

Source: Morsels and Musings
Blogging tips