Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Fudge with Marshmallow Cream and Nutella Swirls

So I have to confess something.  

Ready...this is the first time I have ever made fudge!

Okay maybe it's not that earth shattering but I decided boy was it time to try it and get over my fear of "the fudge".  There is just something about it that has always made me a little leery (who knows why--it's probably just me being weird!).

I mean don't get me wrong, but fudge seemed like the old lady thing to do.  But now I am realizing it's totally not that way and it's really cool to make fudge all year round.  And it's even cooler to make fudge the super easy way.

No grainy sugar in this lady.  Sweetened condensed milk is your best friend.  Which makes this fudge so ridiculously easy, I can't believe I haven't tried it before.  

Plus this recipe comes from Ashton over at Something Swanky and the co-organizer of Online Blog Con, which is where I will be today, and tomorrow, and the next day.  Way excited!! 

Pumpkin Spice Fudge with Marshmallow Cream and Nutella Swirls

(click here for printable version)

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag Hershey's kisses
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup nutella

1.  Line an 8x8 baking dish with wax paper.  Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Set aside.

2.  Place kisses, white chocolate, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium pot.  Pour sweetened condensed milk over top. Over LOW heat, melt the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate together, stirring constantly until smooth and pulling away from the edges of the pot, about 15-20 minutes.

3.  Pour fudge carefully into your prepared dish. Put marshmallow cream and nutella in separate zip top bags.  Cut off a small piece of the corner and pipe the nutella and marshmallow cream over top of the fudge. Swirl in with a knife.

4.  Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour to set.  Remove from pan, cut into desired sizes and devoiur.  Enjoy!

Source: Something Swanky
Blogging tips