I love to have people over to my house. Whether it's for a party, dinner, just to hang out, movie night, or whatever I look forward to it so much.
All for several reasons.
1. I love to visit. Ask anyone who knows me and I think they will all answer the same. I love to talk to people. My kids hate me going in somewhere to drop something off because it takes me ages to leave, all because I am visiting.
2. I love getting to know new people. You just never know when you are going to run into a "kindred spirit". Speaking of kindred spirits I love Ann of Green Gables and totally agree with her and her kindred spirit idea.
3. I love any excuse to make some new food. You would think that I would use a tried and true recipe for my visitors, but no! it's a new recipe to see what they think. Usually it works out but a few times it's been quite a disaster. Oops!
I made this for some friends the other day. I LOVE chex mixes and I love that you can make them so many ways. Currently my favorite is the chocolate. Oh so yummy. This version definitely didn't let me or my friends down. We couldn't stay out of it. Crunchy, sweet, and chocolatey.
Chocolate Caramel Crunch
(click here for printable version)
8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1. Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a medium microwavable bowl, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, and until completely melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over Chex. Stir until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a cookie sheet. Let cool 10 minutes and break into bite-size pieces.
3. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over Chex. Refrigerate until set. Store in tightly covered container. Enjoy!