Friday, February 22, 2013

S'more Rice Krispies

 
I think I have found heaven!

Not joking.  

This beauty was absolutely amazing. Who knew that it would be to die for. 

Last week my sisters came to visit so I used it as an excuse to make a dessert.  This way there is someone else to help me eat the deliciousness. And let me tell me we had the hardest time staying out them.  We probably ate at least 7 pieces each. 

I had seen these on a round up post at Something Swanky and since Rice Krispies and I are BFFs this was a perfect choice.

S'more Rice Krispies

(click here for printable version)

Graham cracker crust:
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
8 tbsp butter, melted

Rice krispie layer:
4 tbsp butter
1 bag (10 1/2 oz) mini marshmallow
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted

Marshmallow topping:
1 container (16oz) marshmallow creme

1. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 350°F. To make the graham cracker layer. Place graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, toss to combine. Add melted butter and mix to combine. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.

3. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and completely melted. Spread over graham cracker crust (will be a thin layer). Immediately make Rice Krispie layer. To make place butter and marshmallows in a pan over medium low heat to melt. Stir constantly until completely melted. Add in Rice Krsipie and stir until completely combined. Spread Rice Krispies on chocolate layer and spread evenly.

4. Spread Marshmallow creme evenly over Rice Krispie layer. Eat immediately and enjoy!

Source: Bakers Royale


Blogging tips