Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fruit Pizza

So today I was walking around and wham!!  it hits me, this healthy food thing is really no fun!!!

I'm serious.  I have been trying to be so healthy (you know the cruise thing and that little swimsuit) and stay away from tempting things but, it's so hard (said like a whiny 3 year old).

Why does eating "healthy" have to be so unfun sometimes (I know that's not a word but it sounded fun to say)...anyway, why can't that squash taste like this fruit pizza, huh?!?!!!?  If it did I would eat a lot of it and I bet you would too.  Am I right?

Then my neighbor brings me these little chocolate, peanut butter, pretzel things (I promise I will get the recipe and share) and how does a food blogger stay away from those?  I mean I have to try them to see if I need to make them and give them to all of you.  I "need" to see if they are good--and let me tell you, they are to die for!!!

So after a great Sunday and being good those peanut butter things just ruined it all!!  So in honor of new years resolutions getting slightly off track, I hope you enjoy this fruit pizza.  It is delicious and much better for you than those peanut butter things, I promise--even though that recipe will be coming.  I'm just warning you, be prepared, you don't want to be tempted!

1 recipe of sugar cookie dough as follows: ( I make my own but you can just buy some also)
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
3/4 t. almond extract (vanilla works great too)
3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

2 small containers strawberry cream cheese spread, softened
Fruit (I used kiwis, mandarin oranges, bananas, and blackberries.  You can also try raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples, etc.)

1.  In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, (a kitchenaid or bosch works great also) beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.  Beat in sour cream and almond.  Add dry ingredients and beat until well mixed.  Lay out on saran wrap and cover completely.  Chill for 1 hour.

2.  After dough is chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll out cookie dough onto your greased cooking surface (I used my round pizza stone) until 1/4' thick.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until center is firm to touch.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.

3.  When crust is cooled, spread crust with the strawberry cream cheese.  Arrange fruit as desired and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

Sharing this with: Craft Edition, Beauty and Bedlam, 33 Shades of Green, Happy Housewife. Blessed with Grace, Blue Cricket Design, Turning the Clock Back. Paisley Passions, Not So Homemade, Fireflies and Jellybeans.
Blogging tips