Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad

How has your holidays been?

We have had a great couple of weeks.  We have had several inches of snow on the ground for a week now (so not normal) and we are loving playing in the snow, mostly because we have had no where that we absolutely have to be.  But, life has go on sometime right?

Today was that day for us.  The kids are back to school, I am back to crossing things off my list, and setting new goals for the new year.

Are you a goal setter?  I have tried to be much better in that area and I think it's been worth it.  I even set some goals for this blog of mine.  And I am happy to report that I met most of them, which makes me excited.  I set some of them really high (like # of followers) and I almost got there.

So thank you to all of you for helping me achieve most of my goals.  I couldn't do it with out each one of you.

Now on to this delectable, creamy bit of deliciousness.  This is my new favorite jello.  I made it for a Christmas dinner for the ladies in my ward (church) and even for our Christmas dinner here at home.  The pears give it a smooth texture plus I think it enhances the flavor of the raspberry and makes one amazing jello dish.

Creamy Raspberry Jello Salad

(click here for printable version)


1 (29 oz) can pears
1 cup pear juice
1 cup hot water
1 (6 oz) box raspberry jello
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (12 oz) carton cool whip, thawed

1. Drain your can of pears, reserving juice.  Put one cup of the juice in a microwavable bowl, adding the hot water. Microwave 2 minutes or until it starts to boil.

2. Add contents the contents of you box of raspberry jello into the hot water/juice mixture and stir until jello is completely dissolved. Put it in your fridge until it cools a little bit--don't let it cool too much, you don't want it to turn into jello yet.

3. When your jello mixture has cooled, pour the pears into your blender. Add the softened cream cheese and blend until completely smooth. Slowly add jello mixture and blend again.  Pour mixture into  the bowl of your stand mixture, fitted with the whisk attachment. Add cool whip and whip until completely incorporated and fluffy.

4. Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set up. Enjoy!

Source: Jamie Cooks It Up
Blogging tips