Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time to get a little personal...

I am going to make this short and sweet but this lady has got to take a break.

After lots of pondering, evaluating, and talking with the hubs (and lets face it--some crying--because I have pored my heart and soul into this blog for 4 years now and it's become something I am quite proud of and something that I really enjoy) I am taking the summer off. For several reasons.

One: I have been having some more health problems (nothing major but ones that need my attention right now). And the way I have to deal with it is by my diet. Besides cutting out the gluten, I am off refined sugars and soon dairy. Which means we are eating drastically different at this house. Which also means it's really hard to make "normal" food to post on my blog when I need to be eating very different.

Two: my kids are getting older and they need me around, especially in the summer when they are home all day. I spend 3-4 hours Monday through Friday working on recipes, photography, editing, networking, web design, and the list goes on but right now my kids need that 3-4 hours. They need me to be present and also to pay attention to them, which is pretty hard when I'm staring at a computer screen all morning. 

Three: Blogging has been a huge part of my life and I really do love it but I just want to make something for the sake of feeling like it. Not because I need to post it or because a certain holidays coming up or because someone wants it. I am tired of trying to find that perfect combination of when to post on facebook, how to get my stats up, how to draw more people in, what social media you all want, and the list goes on. So my friends I am tired and burned out from this and need a break.

Four: several things that I'm not ready to divulge to the world.

 I would love for you to keep printing out recipes because it will stay open and active and I will be checking in from time to time. If I find something that I can't live without I will probably let you know but in the mean time, make some yummy food for your family. And look for me in the fall with an update.

Thanks again for all your supoort!
Blogging tips