Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monster Cookies

I really don't know how these cookies got their name but everybody around here calls them this--wait, I had a thought, maybe it's because the original recipe makes a monster size batch!  I cut this one in half, just for those of us who aren't feeding an army, so the recipe below only makes 3-4 dozen.  We would have a family reunion every summer so my mom and I would make these by the bucket load--after all I have 60 first cousins and most of them would be there, and hungry.  My mom and I would make pan after pan and then freeze as many as we could.  These cookies always bring back good memories.  This recipe is really good doubled, tripled, quadrupled, or whatever.  I promise--I tried it many times!  Just be ready for all of your little "monsters" to come back for more.  For all of you doubters out there, no, I didn't forget the flour.  It's a flourless cookie recipe.  

3 eggs
1 c. plus 2 T. brown sugar, packed
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 t. vanilla
1 t. light corn syrup
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
4 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. plain M&Ms

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl beat eggs, butter and sugars together for 1 minute.  Add
vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda and peanut butter, and mix well.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&Ms.  Stir thoroughly.

2.  Drop by tablespoon (a medium scoop is perfect for this) on un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.  Remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes on baking sheet and then cool completely on cooling rack.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips