Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies

Can you find the edible item?  I couldn't resist "dressing" the rice krispies up a little bit since they almost looked real.  When I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it.  First rice krispies treats are one of my all time favorite desserts (pretty lame huh?) so when I saw she added pumpkin pie spice I knew it would be awesome.  I loved, loved the flavor of this.  It makes your rice krispies a little fancy, imagine that!

1/4 c. butter
1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Orange food coloring

1.  Spray a 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.  Over med-low heat melt your butter.  Once your butter is melted, continue to cook until butter starts to brown.  Watch carefully because you want it to start giving off a nutty aroma smell but you don't want it to burn.  When it is browned nicely, add marshmallows and pumpkin pie spice.  Stir until marshmallows are melted.  Add orange food coloring (completely up to you how orange you want it).  Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies.  

2.  When mixed, spread the rice krispie mixture in your prepared pan.  Spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment with non-stick spray and gently press the krispies down evenly.  Let cool for 30 minutes and then cut into squares or into pumpkin shapes with cookie cutter (and dang it you will just have to eat all those corners left over from cutting them in pumpkin shapes!).


Blogging tips