Friday, May 27, 2011

Sour Cream Pancakes

I love the weekends for two reasons.

One:  I get to sleep in, at least if you call 7:30 sleeping in, but hey it's better than nothing.

Two:  my husband makes breakfast every Saturday morning.  

We have the same thing every Saturday morning.  Pancakes and scrambled eggs.  I don't mind it all, in fact I look forward to it every week.  My kids love it too, especially Luke.  He gets almost giddy when he hears we are having scrambled eggs.

Because of this I am always on the lookout for a little variety.  We have tried many recipes that we love.  I mean, who new that there could be so many different kinds of pancakes.

Some of our favorites have been Pumpkin Pancakes, Chocolate Waffles (waffles count as pancakes in our house), Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles, and Whole Wheat Pancakes.  Don't mind the pictures in some of them.  They remind me that I am improving.
And hear is another that is a keeper.  I love how easy it is to whip up and how moist they are, thanks to the sour cream.  My kids ate 3 a piece, which tells me that it was a hit.  So if you aren't doing anything Saturday morning join us in making some of these beauties.

And don't be afraid to put something besides maple syrup on your pancakes.  Some of our favorite combinations are peanut butter and jam, nutella and strawberries, chocolate chips and syrup, or raspberries and whipped cream.

Sour Cream Pancakes


2 c. all purpose flour
2 1/2 t. of baking powder
1 t. baking soda
2 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
1 2/3 c. milk
2 t. vanilla

1.  In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together.  In another bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten then add sour cream, milk, and vanilla.  Whisk until smooth.  Add flour mixture to milk/egg mixture and whisk together.  Cook in a frying pan with a little butter over medium heat, flipping when bubbles form on the uncooked side.  Repeat until batter is gone.  Serve warm with your favorite toppings.  Enjoy!


Blogging tips