Friday, March 30, 2012

"Chocolate Chips"

Since April Fool's Day is coming this weekend I thought I would share with you a super yummy, easy treat but something to fool your kids with.

My daughter wanted a treat and I told her she could have some chocolate chips, which they love to eat straight out of the bag.  I try to keep them hidden so I can have them around for baking so when she heard me say that she was very, very excited.

I pulled these lovelies out and all the kids thought it was so funny.  When have you ever had a chip dipped in chocolate?  I can't think of a time when I have and I actually thought these were pretty fabulous.  But I do love a good crunch, sweet, salty snack.  This was exactly that!

We also took these to a work party and everyone thought they were a hit.

If you need some other April Fool's Ideas check out these awesome cupcakes!

Chocolate Chips

(click here for printable version)

Ruffles Potato Chipes
Chocolate Candy Melts
White (vanilla) Candy Melts


1.  Melt the chocolate according to directions on package.  Dip the potato chips and lay on wax paper to dry.

2.  When chocolate is set, melt white (vanilla) candy coating and drizzle across the top.  Let set and eat.  Enjoy!


Idea from: Grateful Belly
Blogging tips