Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Ideas

Mother's Day.

This is a day of relaxing bubble baths, pedicures, breakfast in bed, and pampering.  Okay lets face it, if I get one of those I am a happy woman.

The hubs is a very thoughtful man and stays busy keeping the 4 kiddos from needing me so I can read a good book with a diet coke by my side. Which satisfies me completely.

I don't know how it is in your house but I "try" to let the hubs make me breakfast/dinner.  It is hard for me to stay out of the kitchen and even harder to not give him "well-meaning tips" (which is why he makes sure I have the said book and pop so it's much more likely for me to stay out of his hair!).

So far he has made me many delicious breakfasts, dinners, and desserts.  Here are a few of my favorites.  Hopefully you or the mother in your life has a great day!
 These are probably two of my favorite breakfast ever.  I love pancakes/waffles in the morning with a little fruit and my day has started out fabulous.

 These chicken recipes make my mouth water just thinking about them.  Alice Springs Chicken was a gooey, yummy mess and the Chicken Cordon Bleu Bread Bowls made me about die from amazingness.

 For a little beef nothing compares with these Teriyaki Burgers (we eat them regularly in the summer and I can't get enough) and delicious Broccoli Beef--my very favorite chinese food.
Now onto my very favorite part: desserts.  I look for months for the perfect recipe.  These are my past favorites.
 I have a thing for chocolate and peanut butter--ahhh amazing.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.

 And a woman can't have too much of citrus fruits this time of year.  These Glazed Lemon Bars are perfect for a brunch or Lime Cheesecake with Blackberry Sauce for a little more indulgent treat.
 And let's end with my favorite cookie of all time (or at least to today).  AMAZING!

Blogging tips