Monday, June 18, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Sometimes you just need an adult cookie.

My kids totally don't agree but I do.  I love it when they won't eat my desserts because it has "nuts" in it.  That word alone will make all my kids going running away as fast as they can.

I use to be the same way as a kid and as a teenager.  Now I have come to my senses and I enjoy almost all kinds of nuts (walnuts are still not my favorite but hey....), especially in desserts.  These german chocolate cookies with toasted pecans make my mouth water just thinking about them and then macadamia nuts.  Ahhh...so delicious.

And so not kid friendly.  Perfect for me. These cookies were absolutely delicious.  They are a perfect combination of cookie dough, white chocolate, and nuts.  The hubs and I loved them (and pretty much every adult in the room).

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

(click here for printable version)

*makes about 60 cookies

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 oz. macadamia nuts, chopped
12 oz package white chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 375°F.  Place silpat liners or parchment paper on cookie sheets or lightly grease cookie sheets.  Set aside.

2.  In bowl of stand mixer fitted with cookie paddle, beat butter and shortening for 30 seconds.  Add sugars, baking soda, and salt and beat until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.  Add flour and mix until just combined.  Using a wooden spoon stir in nuts and white chocolate chips and distributed throughout.

3.  Drop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8-9 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.  Enjoy!

Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Blogging tips