Monday, July 16, 2012

Banana Reeses Cookies

 My oldest child turned 12 several weeks ago ("gasp"--I know, I know I can't be that old but it's true!!) and 12 is a big birthday at this house.  Not only does he get to have a major party with friends (notice the "get" part--this mama had a few too many things on her plate so he graciously let me schedule his party for the end of the month), he got to have lots of family come into town.

Some of the family brought bananas with them.  And it wasn't just a few bananas.  It was many of them.

Like 20!

Maybe that's not a lot to you but when they are all on the verge of being super ripe there was no way they were all going to be eaten by themselves.  Especially by this lady.  You see, I love bananas, but when they start to get really ripe, I can't even put them in my mouth.  Way too strong.  Anyway....

So because there were lots of people around and because there were lots of bananas around and Pinterest was open on the computer--we started baking away.

These cookies have one of my favorite things ever in them--Reeses Pieces, so delicious!  Not to mention you start with a cake mix so this recipe was so easy, peasy and the everyone assured me they were absolutely delightful.  The kids snarfed them up (and I ate the leftover reeses pieces--oh schucks!).

Banana Reeses Cookies


1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 brown, ripe bananas, smashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
1/2 cup Reeses pieces

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F.  In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, bananas, and vanilla. Slowly add the cake mix. The dough will be very thick. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, and Reeses pieces by hand, being carefully to not smash all the goodies.

2.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on the pan for about 1-2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container. Enjoy!



Blogging tips